Formally known as PTLLS.
An Award in Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector covers the basics of teaching in continuing and adult education – including how to plan sessions, motivate learners and use a variety of assessment methods.
The Award is for new entrants to the Lifelong Learning Sector and also suits people working in the area already who need the minimum threshold status as a teacher within a FE College, adult and community learning centre, work-based learning or training organisations and want to gain official qualifications. You should have an idea of what subjects you’d like to teach, and either have or be working towards a qualification in your chosen area.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand their own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in relation to teaching
- Understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area
- Demonstrate their session planning skills – plan deliver, observe and evaluate a micro-teach session
- Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Understand the use of different assessment methods
- Understand and analyse the need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted – including internal and external assessment information
Assessment: The course is delivered over 3-5 days. There are 3 assignments to be completed of which one will be a micro teaching session. All 3 assignments must be passed in order to receive the award.