This 2 day course is aimed at those who carry out manual handling of inanimate objects training within the workplace. This moving and handling course is designed to ensure the participant is working to current guidelines and has a sound knowledge that will enable them to carry out tasks succinctly and efficiently. The candidate will be able to explain the theory behind moving and handling principles, demonstrate safe practice using a range of techniques and have the skills to problem solve and convey safe practice.
Outline of Moving and Handling of People Train the Trainer Program:
- Background on Moving and Handling and discussion on what we used to do and why these moves are now banned
- Statistics on back pain and number of days taken off sick across all industries due to this problem
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act and the 1992 Manual Handling regulations
- Employers responsibilities within the law
- Common causes of back pain and how to care for the back
- Risk assessing Moving and Handling activities
- Management responsibilities
The moving and handling train the trainer course is delivered in 2 days and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.