This course is designed to provide individuals that handle open food the essential knowledge and understanding of good Food Safety Practice. The aim of this training course is to provide candidates with a fundamental background knowledge of food hygiene and to enable them to apply this knowledge to essential practical skills in order to prevent food poisoning.
The programme entails;
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Hazards associated with Food Safety, Food poisoning and contamination
- Personal Hygiene
- Allergies and Intolerances
- Premises, Equipment and Pest Control
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Legislation and requirements
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.