Food hygiene training course providers have identified a growing need to make food safety training more relevant to specific business environments to increase effectiveness. These food safety training qualifications are required to address new National Occupational Standards. In line with this demand, the FAQ Level 2 Awards in Food Safety have been designed to address the food safety and hygiene needs of the catering, manufacturing and retail sectors.
The food hygiene level 2 qualifications cover the following topics:
- Food safety and hygiene hazards including Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
The food hygiene training course at level 2 is designed for anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Food Safety Level 2 Training Course duration:
One day programme
Multiple choice examination.