This paediatric first aid course is in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets the requirements of Ofsted. It is suitable for Child-minders, Nursery and School staff (dealing with Foundation Stage) and anybody who deals with children and wants a more in-depth course. This two day (12 hour) Ofsted first aid course is delivered at your venue, by a paediatric specialist and includes both theory and practical sessions.
The required EYFS syllabus includes:-
- Planning for first aid emergencies
- Dealing with emergencies
- Recognising and dealing with shock (anaphylactic and electric)
- Recognising and responding appropriately to bleeding
- Responding appropriately to burns and scalds
- Responding appropriately to choking
- Responding appropriately to suspected fractures
- Responding appropriately to head, neck and back injuries
- Recognising and responding appropriately to cases of poisoning
- Responding appropriately to foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses and possible injuries in these areas
- Responding appropriately to bites and stings
- Responding appropriately to effects of extreme heat and cold
- Responding appropriately to febrile convulsions
- Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs of chronic medical conditions including: epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell, diabetes
- Recognising and responding appropriately to meningitis and other serious sudden illness
Course duration: two-day programme
Assessment: Certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the delegate.
Upon successful completion certification is valid for three years.