This course offers training in Automated External Defibrillation (AED) which is used to administer specific electric shocks in during CPR, this is proven to increase survival rates in these circumstances. We can also advise on what equipment is necessary when purchasing a defibrillator.
The (AED) training syllabus includes:
- Recognition and treatment of conscious/unconscious heart attack
- Demonstrate CPR and discuss the rationale for CPR
- Where AED can be used and what AED does
- Be able to apply the pad in the correct position on a dummy and connect them to a machine
- Be able to describe the additional items that may be need to apply pads on people
- Demonstrate the correct process for CPR with and AED attached in various scenarios on the machine
Their tutor throughout the automated external defibrillation (AED) training course will continually asses delegates. Upon Successful completion of the course the delegate will be awarded a certificate for Automated External Defibrillation.