The Abrasive Wheels training course is structured to provide training in the safe use of abrasive wheels and meets the required standards of PUWER. This covers the use of Angle Grinders, Disc Cutters, and Cut off saws, Chop Saws etc.
This abrasive wheels course is suitable for all operators, supervisors and managers, who as part of their working duties select, mount, use or inspect abrasive wheels.
Outline of the Abrasive Wheels Training Programme:-
- PUWER (The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998)
- HSE Publication HSG 17 “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels”
- Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Types & Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel
- Making and upkeep of Abrasive Wheels
- Components and speeds of an Abrasive Wheel
- Guards, Rests & Accessories
- Dressing & Balancing
- Specific Mounting Produces
- Hazards, Precautions and Handling
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inspection, Testing for Damage & Reporting Defects
- Storage of an Abrasive Wheel
The abrasive wheels qualification course is a 3 hour course.