On this course participants will discover physical intervention techniques and when it is appropriate to use them, this covers avoidance, disengagement, rescue, escorting and holding skills, this can be particularly relevant mental health and learning disability, care and residential settings. We can offer you a bespoke designed programme at your venue aimed towards your individual organisation needs.
Outline of Programme:
- What is Physical Challenging Behaviour and Physical Intervention?
- Anger, Aggression, and Physical Assault
- Dementia and physical intervention and Triggers
- The law and physical intervention
- The Assault Cycle
- Breakaway techniques, basic holding and Risks relating to the techniques
This course contains both theory and practical elements.. The theoretical part covers all aspects of law, including Health & Safety at Work Act, Human Rights, Mental Health Act, and Common Law & Criminal Law. The practical training ensures all attendees are able to put in to practice the techniques learnt, are confident in their ability and have passed a practical competency assessment.