This moving and handling of people training programme is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and understanding of the safe process of moving people so no harm is caused and without putting anybody in any substantial danger, whilst also covering the legal requirements regarding the handling of people.
The moving and handling course syllabus includes:
- Health and Safety at Work 1974 and Manual Handling Regulations 1999
- Duty of care
- Moving and handling assessments
- Basic principles of safer handling and Company handling policy
- Unsafe moves
- Working with equipment
- Moving and transferring safely and securely
- This Manual lifting and handling of people training course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions.
The moving and handling of people training course is delivered in 3 hours and Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.