The Medication awareness course is designed for staff working within a care environment. This course is in line with the National Minimum Standards Requirements. Candidates will gain an understanding of the legislation involved with administration of medication, along with being able to follow procedures set for safe administration of medication. Candidates will also gain an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and security in all procedures of drug administration.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to medication
- Storage and dispensing
- Documentation, confidentiality and record keeping
- Administration of medication
- Reducing and eliminating medication errors
- Accountability and responsibility
- Legislation and requirements
- Regulating bodies
The course is delivered in 3 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.