The Infection control training course is aimed at staff working within the care environment. Individuals will understand the importance of why we need to have infection control measures implemented in the workplace.At the end of this course candidates will be able to state the obligations and responsibilities that should be performed when dealing with infection control issues. In addition to this candidates will be able to demonstrate and explain hand washing techniques along with having an understanding of maintaining a clean environment and how to make sure that the highest standards are met.
Outline of Programme;
- Definition of Infection Control
- Different types of germs and infection
- Health Care Associated Infections
- The importance of infection control and the management of HCAI
- How to wash hands effectively and appropriately
- Personal protective equipment
- Prevention of infection
- The importance of policy and legislation regarding infection control and CQC
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.