This conflict management course raises participants understanding of the background to conflict and the contribution they can make to managing conflict effectively. This course provides candidates with the skills and knowledge to deal with workplace violence, how to reduce risks, how to respond to difficult situations and what should be done after an incident has occurred. This course is designed for all staff.
Outline of Programme:
- What is conflict management
- Recognising aggressive behaviour and workplace violence and bullying
- Escalation and triggers
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Stages of conflict management and personal safety
- Minimising conflict and taking a positive approach
- Responding to aggressive and threatening behaviour
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.