This course raises awareness surrounding issues in child protection, the course is designed to develop an understanding on safeguarding children and also advises on how to deal with child protection situations.
On completion of the child protection awareness course, delegates will understand:
- Types of abuse that can be faced by children
- Self-neglect and neglect by others
- Symptoms associated with abuse
- What to do if a child discloses that they are being/have been abused
Outline of Programme:
- Definition of a client
- Various types of abuse
- How to recognise abuse in children
- Duty of Care
- Whistle blowing and recording data
- Groups and agencies involved in the protection of children
- Case studies
The course is delivered in 2 hours and Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.