This is a care training course in which participant will gain knowledge and understanding in how to handle clients which have autism. There are two different pathways to this course, Autism in adults and mental health or Autism awareness in children.
Outline of Programme:
- Introduction to autism in children
- Child development
- Characteristics of autism
- Social interaction and communication
- Sensory Difficulties
- Introduction to autism in adults
- Mental Health
- Depression and anxiety and how to manage anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
The course is delivered typically within 3 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn along with interaction of group activities.